Pain can take away our happiness from positive events in our life. For our seniors, the experience of pain tends to be a lot worse because they are more likely to develop more inflammation over time, which means more frequent cases of pain. Moreover, studies also suggest that they also become more sensitive to pain and at a higher magnitude.
Needless to say, this keeps them from living their golden years to the fullest. Here are some of its most limiting effects:
- Pain keeps your senior loved one from completing their day-to-day activities
- Pain limits your senior loved one’s overall mobility, preventing him doing exercising and doing physical activities that are crucial to keeping him healthy during his/her golden years.
- Pain makes doing basic activities such as eating, bathing, and even sleeping difficult.
- Pain causes distress, suffering, and other negative feelings not only on your loved one but also to you and the whole family.
- Pain can increase blood pressure which can make healing difficult.
Thus, managing pain is crucial and should be among, if not the very first priority in their healthcare plan.
This is why we at ABSOLUTE HOME HEALTHCARE INC., as your trusted provider of home health care in Fredericksburg, Virginia, put pain management as one of our key offerings. We offer management on chronic and acute pain as well as pre- and post-operative pain.
Don’t wait—remember, wishing for the pain to go away is not an option. Enlist the help of our home health aide in Virginia to help your senior loved one.